A solid reputation, effective communication between IT and business, the availability of key applications and a complete operations overview – these are expectations Generali Česká pojišťovna has for its application monitoring project and this is why Generali Česká pojišťovna selected the Dynatrace APM solution for the platform. Adastra is the exclusive vendor of Dynatrace in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
The problem we had to face
Initially, emphasis was placed on the constant increase in demand for the provision of insurance services, an area where Generali Česká pojišťovna has maintained its dominant position on the market for many years. From an operational point of view, Generali Česká pojišťovna wanted to ensure that its extended sales channel was readily available and flexible enough to meet customer requirements to retain them and lower the risk of attrition. To increase the quality of its services, Generali Česká pojišťovna decided to map its options and select a solution enabling the company to monitor every user transaction in the system, in particular, in the application for closing non-life insurance contracts. The existing solution proved to be impractical as it only simulated the work of the user of the application. Detailed data pertaining to the end-user level was not available.
of daily application users are covered by Dynatrace
Our suggested solution
Generali Česká pojišťovna approached Applications Performance Management (APM) companies to acquaint themselves with the technical parameters and capabilities of each solution and then tested their
solutions in real operations. Adastra successfully surpassed expectations using the Dynatrace APM solution which stood out from the competition by offering:
- A user-friendly solution for data analysis, day-to-day operations and configuration
- Complete monitoring incl. virtualized desktops via Citrix (activities in the end-user application are monitored by name and are no longer anonymous)
- A solution guaranteeing architectural compatibility with group standards is already in place for the group of companies which Generali Česká pojišťovna belongs to
- Transparent dashboards with clear overview that can be used for reporting outputs for management
types of dashboards implemented for operations, development and business owners
What was the outcome of the project
Adastra consultants implemented the Dynatrace APM solution to the application for closing non-life insurance contracts, which is used by the entire sales network of Generali Česká pojišťovna today. Dynatrace APM solution minimizes both the risk of system unavailability and long system response times for operations and business.
Key project benefits are:
- Precise monitoring of the number of users in the application and their activities
- Automated alerts about key process breakdowns or slowdowns in the application (client search, contract editing, print etc.)
- Objective metrics concerning day-to-day operations of the application and the identification of any bottlenecks
- The tracking of user activity during the day
- Transparent reports available for business (modeling numbers, contract approvals and closings)
weeks – the time needed to implement and train Dynatrace users at Generali Česká pojišťovna
With the application monitoring solution we, as an IT department, became a real partner for our salesmen. We have a detailed overview of the operation of our key business application. We are more efficient, we know when a problem occurs in the application and when it has been solved. We also have a better understanding how key business processes work.
Who participated in the project
Our excellent reputation is built by competent people who bring our projects to a successful end. In this case, the client relied on these consultants.
Are you interested in a similar solution? Contact us.
We will contact you as soon as possible.